Friday 25 November 2016

Hand sewn Christmas cards

I thought I'd show you my Christmas cards for my friends and family this year (only special people because they take quite a while!!).

I used white embroidery board by Paper Poetry from Rico design, it costs about £4 for 10 sheets which are 17.5 x 24.5 cm. I painted the board silver, black and gold, though I think you can buy it in different colours.

The card is perfect for stitching and embroidering into so I decided to sew some Christmas images which I drew onto squared paper before sewing properly. This card is really versatile and you could use it to create all sorts of interesting projects.
I managed to get hold of some two fold cards with windows which were perfect for mounting up the images, ready to give people for Christmas!

Stitched Bauble Christmas card by welaughindoors

Stitched Gift Christmas card by welaughindoors


Stitched Wreath Christmas card by welaughindoors

Stitched Tree Christmas card by welaughindoors

Stitched Wreath Christmas card by welaughindoors

Stitched Christmas cards by welaughindoors



No comments:

Post a Comment