Saturday 6 February 2016

Lino printing


Last weekend I had a go at Lino printing for the first time since I was at school, at a workshop in Frome Cheese & Grain. I had a few ideas in my head before I went but once I began to practice I realised I would have to scale down my ambitions to get finished in one day!

I decided to create a trio of Cacti and Succulents, that I could print all together or seperately. I wanted to print a terrarium shape on the top but I ran out of time, so maybe I'll do this in the future!

The material used is called soft-cut and is a bit easier to gouge out than traditional lino, however it is very easy to go wrong so if I was doing a proper print I would use proper lino I think.

We laugh indoors lino cutting progressplant Lino print by we laugh indoorsLino print by we laugh indoors

Cactus and Succulent Lino print by we laugh indoors



No comments:

Post a Comment